Braised pork chops
- a large pork chop
- 1 large white onion
- fresh thyme
- veal stock
- juice of one orange
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 6mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat the oven to 205°C / 400 ° F.
In a large cast iron pan, fry the roast quickly on all sides over high heat. Brush the meat in horseradish sauce and set aside.
Sauté the onion in the same pan and add the veal stock. Return the meat to the pan, pour over the juice of an orange and add the garlic and thyme under the bone part of the chop and cover with foil.
Roast at very high heat for 20 minutes and lower the heat right down to about 100°C and leave to cook for about 6 hours. Remove from the oven and reserve, wrapped for 10 minutes.
Skim off the grease from the pan, keeping the juice. Add the rest of the veal stock and deglaze with white wine for the side sauce.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (363 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Pork with Caramelised Apple and... 3.5/5 (165 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (163 Votes)
- Pork & Pears 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Hermitage Roast Potatoes 5/5 (1 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.