Rice with vegetables & egg
Ideal in using up left over rice with any cooked chicken or vegetables
- pre-boiled rice
- 1-2 carrots peeled & either cut into thin strips or grated
- 1 green chilli (optional)
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 spoon ginger & garlic paste
- a small tin of sweetcorn
- 1-2 eggs (optional) beaten
- 4 tablespoons of oil (add more if rice seems dry)
- salt - to taste
- 1-2 teaspoon Bombay Biryani Spice
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
in a big pan add the oil and fry the onions till transparent in colour.
Add the ginger and garlic paste, tomato, green chilli, salt, a few spoons of water and cook for about 5 mintutes or till tomato softens.
add the beaten egg till it cooks into the mixture.
Add sweetcorn & the Bombay Biryani Spice. mix and cook quickly for a few minutes.
Add the rice so it mixes but its marble effect with some rice white other a little colour in it.
Its so easy to add any ingredients with the rice and make a new simple, quick dish. Any leftover chicken, mince or vegetables can be used. if most items pre-cooked it takes about 10 minutes to pull togeather.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (232 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- Apple Rose Cake 3.7/5 (166 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.