- 350g strong bread flour
- 230ml milk/water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 15g butter
- 1 packet of fast action yeast
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Pre-heat the oven to Gas mark 7/200'C.
Sieve the flour, salt and sugar in to a bowl.
Measure out the water/milk.
Rub the butter into the flour, salt and sugar. Stir in the fast action yeast.
Stir in the milk/water. Mix the dough in a bowl with your hands.
Kneed the dough on a work surface for 5 minutes. Then divide the dough into 8 equal pieces.
Put a piece grease proof paper on a baking tray and put the rolls on top. Once on the tray brush each of the rolls with milk and add any toppings.
Leave the rolls in a warm place to double in size.
When the rolls have risen bake for 15 minutes until they have turned golden brown.
Put on a cooling rack, then serve.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (202 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Easy Chocolate Mousse 3.4/5 (201 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (163 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Garlic Bread 4.6/5 (58 Votes)
- Cheese and Onion Rolls 3/5 (123 Votes)
- White soft rolls 3.8/5 (25 Votes)