Banana tea bread
This has so many bananas that it must count as part of the families five a day. It tastes amazing too.
- 7oz self raising flour
- 1/4 level tsp. Bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 level tsp. salt
- 3oz butter
- 6oz sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 LB. mashed bananas
- 4oz coarsely chopped nuts
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 1mins
Cost Average budget
Grease and line a loaf tin. Top measurement 8" x 4 1/2 "
Sift together flour, soda and salt.
Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and beat well.
Stir in flour and nuts. Add bananas and beat again.
Turn mixture into a prepared tin and bake in centre of the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. 180c/350f/gas mark 4 until well risen and firm.
Turn out onto a wire rack
Can be frozen
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Gluten-free No-bake Banoffee Pie 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Green Tea with Ginger, Honey and... 4.7/5 (47 Votes)
- Gluten Free Banana & Pecan Cake 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Banana Ice Cream 3.4/5 (145 Votes)
- Apple and Pecan Banana cake 4.2/5 (76 Votes)
- Yoghurt cake with a zest of lemon 3.4/5 (135 Votes)