Bran tea bread
Granny's bran tea bread i good for the soul and healthy ish too
- 3oz All bran
- 8oz sultanas
- 8oz soft brown sugar
- 1/2 pint milk
- 6oz self raising flour
- 1 level tsp. baking powder
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 4mins
Cooking time 1mins
Cost Average budget
Mix bran, sultanas, sugar and milk together and leave to soak for four hours.
Grease and line loaf tin. Top measurement 9 3/4 x 5 3/4.
Sift the flour and baking powder together. Stir well and turn the mixture into the prepared tin.
Bake in centre of the oven(190c/ 375f/gas mark 5) for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Turn out of paper and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Can be frozen for emergencies such as unexpected guests at tea time.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (469 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (167 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Garlic Bread 4.6/5 (58 Votes)
- Green Tea with Ginger, Honey and... 4.7/5 (49 Votes)
- Vanilla Iced Tea 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Masala Tea 3/5 (126 Votes)