By Elvis elf
- 1lb Strong Bread Flour
- 1oz Fresh Yeast
- 1Tsp Salt
- 5fl oz Water
- 5fl oz Milk
- 2 tbl oil
- 1tsp sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Sift flour and make a well. Cream the yeast and sugar with tepid water and add to the flour, cover and put in a warm place to sponge.
When frothing well, add tepid milk and oil, Kneed to a dough, cover and put in a warm place to rise
When risen (mixture will double in size), kneed lightly (test is to make a ball and stretch it - it no "cracks" appear then it is needed) and make into approx. 12 rolls
oil the tops of the rolls (optional), cover and put in a warm place to rise (they double in size).
Bake in warm oven Gas 7 425F for approx. 15 mins until brown and sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (205 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (163 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (167 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Garlic Bread 4.6/5 (58 Votes)
- Cevapi Bosnian kebab 3.4/5 (149 Votes)