Easy Victoria Sponge
The most simple cake, but so effective!
decoration is optional!
- Flour - 4 oz (100g)
- Margarine - 4 oz (100g)
- Sugar - 4 oz (100g)
- Eggs - 3
- Jam - 1/3 of average jar
- cram - small tub (300ml)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Heat oven to 180°C, 350°F or gas mark 4.
grease two 18cm (7inch) cake tins.
Place Margarine and sugar in to the mixing bowl and cream together using a wooden spoon until light and fluff.
Sieve the flour in to the bowl then brake the 3 eggs in to the center of the bowl.
Mix it all together by hand or with an electric whisk.
Place half the mixture in to on tin and the rest of the mixture in to the second tin.
Place in oven for 20 -25 minutes.
When cooked take out of oven and one a cooling tray to cool.
When cooled you can place jam and wiped cream in the middle.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (458 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Pumpkin and cinnamon jam 3.4/5 (149 Votes)
- French Calissons (almost) like in... 3.6/5 (154 Votes)
- Recipe: Courgette and Apple Jam,... 3.5/5 (134 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Vanilla Sponge Cake with Chocolate... 4.2/5 (72 Votes)