Scallops on a bed of foie gras with ceps
- 1 large cep mushroom
- 1 scallop with its coral
- a slice of foie gras
- 1 small shallot
- 2 tblsp of olive oil
- Maldon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh low fat creme fraiche
- a sheet of brick pastry or filo pastry (optional)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Clean the cep mushroom with a cloth. Cut it into slices. Keep back a whole slice and slice the rest in mirepoix.
Trim the c=scallop, leaving the coral. Wipe it thoroughly.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the mushroom slice on both sides. Keep it warm.
Fry the very finely chopped shallot. Then add the mirepoix of mushrooms. Salt and pepper. Remove half the mixture and keep warm.
Add the coral from the scallop and add the creme fraiche. Mash coarsely with a fork. Set aside.
Fry the slice of foie gras over high heat. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
While garnishing the plate, fry the scallop over high heat, quickly, on both sides (it should stay raw in the centre).
Place the scallop on the foie gras. Garnish (optional) with a spiral of filo pastry and a sprig of chives.
Drizzle the mushroom coral sauce around and garnish with the slice of mushroom.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (182 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (157 Votes)
- Gingerbread, pear and foie gras... 4.1/5 (113 Votes)
- Chicken and Mushroom Lasagne 4.2/5 (78 Votes)
- Festive Mini Mince Pie Pastries 3.2/5 (118 Votes)