Verrine of foie gras and artichoke salad
By Thomas Lemaire
- 1 yellow curly salad
- 4 slices of foie gras pâté
- 4 large artichokes
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- Guérande salt and cracked pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Peel the artichokes. In a saucepan, bring to a boil the chicken stock with the lemon juice and flour and cook the artichokes for fifteen minutes. Once cooked, remove the artichokes with a little cooking juice (this prevents oxidation) and refrigerate.
Wash and sort the curly endive, keeping only the heart (the yellow parts of the leaves are the less bitter) and make a vinaigrette.
Cut 4 slices of foie gras and season with sea salt and cracked pepper.
Presentation: make a salad at the bottom of the glass, place an artichoke heart in the middle. Add a slice of foie gras on top of the artichoke, and enjoy!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (363 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Kiwi strawberry lollipops 3.8/5 (152 Votes)
- Devilled Eggs 3.8/5 (122 Votes)
- King langoustines with early... 3.5/5 (168 Votes)
- Soft potato muffins with spring... 4.5/5 (83 Votes)