Beef Salad - Thai style
This is a simple flavourful dish that is a perfect blend of ingredients. Perfect after a cold day
- 1 lb/450 grams grilled top sirloin or trimmed rib eye steak
- A tiny bit of cooking oil
- For the salad:
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 thinly sliced shallots
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes cut in halves
- For the dressing:
- ¼ cup Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup Tablespoons fish sauce
- Sugar to taste
- 1- 2 red chilies finely chopped (depending on how hot you like it)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Average budget
1. Preheat a pan until very hot. Add a bit of cooking oil and spread it evenly across the bottom. Let the steak sit in the pan for around a minute to get a nice crust. Flip over the steak and repeat. Reduce heat to medium and cook to your liking. Wrap the meat in aluminum foil and allow to rest for about 5 minutes before slicing thinly.
In a bowl whisk together fish sauce, lime juice, bird’s eye chilies and sugar to taste. Toss in the mint leaves, cilantro, shallots and cherry tomatoes and mix well. Serve the salad mix on top of a bed of spinach and drizzle some dressing.
Grilled beef will produce even tastier results. Cooking time of the steak depend on how if you prefer it rare, medium rare or well done.
Meat should be at room temperature before grilling/cooking.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (158 Votes)
- Vegetable Supercurry 3.4/5 (152 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (146 Votes)
- Pork & Pears 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Coriander chicken 3.3/5 (149 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.