Beef and potato pie
By S. Panet
- 2 pastries
- 200 g potatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 shallot
- 100g sausage meat (or minced meat)
- 1 egg.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Slice all the potatoes, crush the garlic, slice finely the shallot and parsley and mix with 100 g of sausage meat (or mince meat).
Beat an egg and add half to the mixture (the other half will be used to brown the pastry).
Place the first disc of pastry in a tin, add a layer of potatoes, meat and another layer of potatoes. Cover with the second disc of pastry and prick holes in the top.
Coat the pastry with the remaining egg with a brush.
Bake at 240°C for 10 minutes, then continue at 200° for the remaining 50 minutes.
Leave to cool a few minutes before serving.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (177 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (158 Votes)
- good and proper steak pie 4.1/5 (83 Votes)
- Shepherd's pie with carrots 3.3/5 (138 Votes)
- Christmas turkey my mum's way! 3.4/5 (124 Votes)
- Chicken and mushroom potato pie 3/5 (126 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Steak Pie 4/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.