- 750g Stewing Steak
- 60g Seasoned Flour
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Med Onions Chopped
- 1 Large Potato Chopped
- 2 Med Carrots Chopped
- 1 Med Green Pepper Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 Large Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Puree
- 1 Tablespoon Mixed Herbs
- 200ml Beef Stock
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 240mins
Cost Average budget
Lightly brown the meat using half the oil in a large frying pan
When browned add the flour and paprika and stir lightly cooking for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a slow cooker dish.
Add the rest of the oil to the pan, add the vegetables and lightly cook for 5 minutes
Stir in the mixed herbs, tomato puree and tinned tomatoes. Add the bay leaf and bring to a light boil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer to the slow cooker dish and mix gently with the meat.
Deglaze the frying pan with the beef stock and add to slow cooker dish.
Stir lightly and cook on high for 4 hours until meat is tender.
Serve on a bed of tagliatelle or with hot crusty bread.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (363 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (212 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (177 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (163 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.