Salt and pepper wedges
Delicious wedges, so simple and cheap to make.
- 10 Medium white potatoes
- rock salt
- cracked black pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Cut each potato in half long ways, then in half again and then in half again you should have a potato wedge shape.
Put into a baking tray and sprinkle with oil
With your hand rub all the wadges together so they are lightly coated with oil not too much but enough to make your seasoning stick.
spread over the salt and pepper! its that simple !
Put in the oven on gas mark 5 or 190c for approx 30-40 minutes depending on the oven, be patient as you do not want to remove too early as the wedges will still be hard, you are looking for a jacket potato look.
you can also have these plain or add paprika, chilli powder or herbs play around a bit as different seasoning compliment different meals.
Serve along side my Cowboy Stew.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (462 Votes)
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.7/5 (447 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- The ultimate makeover: Fish & chips 4.1/5 (92 Votes)
- Romano Peppers with Couscous 3.4/5 (130 Votes)
- Rhubarb 'Cube cakes', raspberry... 4.4/5 (61 Votes)
- Taco Soup 2.9/5 (152 Votes)
- Crab, Corn and Pepper Rice Salad 3.5/5 (106 Votes)