Corned Beef, Onion and Potato Pie
A delicious pie that can be eaten hot or cold.
- 1 Can of Corned Beef
- 2 Large potatoes
- 1 Onion
- 1 pack of shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Peel and cut your potatoes into chunks and the onion into smaller pieces and boil in a pan of water (I don't add salt but feel free to) and boil until ready. You can boil them in the same pan as they're going into the same pie.
In a large dish empty the can of corned beef and add the drained boiled potatoes and onion - you can leave them to cool slightly at this stage. When slightly cooled mush all of it together with your hands, this should leave some of the potatoes in small lumps.
Prepare your pastry (if you'd rather go to the trouble of making your own, then do so). You should have a layer of pastry on your pie plate. Add the corned beef, onion and potato and cover with the pastry lid and crimp the edges.
Cover the whole thing with beaten egg and bake in a medium oven until brown.
Serve as part of a meal with vegetables, cold with pickles or chutneys, or even in sandwich boxes as an addition.
This is a staple in our house, my son loves it as a meal and always asks for some to be saved for his sandwich box.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Raspberry tart 3.8/5 (148 Votes)
- Sweet Dreamy Romantic Raspberry... 3.4/5 (153 Votes)
- Corned Beef Surprise 4.4/5 (69 Votes)
- Chocolate and Pear Tart 3.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Beef and potato pie 3.3/5 (173 Votes)
- good and proper steak pie 4.1/5 (82 Votes)
- Chicken and mushroom potato pie 3/5 (126 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Steak Pie 4/5 (21 Votes)