Sweet Potato Pie
Rosy's famous sweet potato pie!
- 225 g sweet potato
- peeled and cubed
- 1/2 bulb garlic
- top sliced off
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 red pepper
- deseeded and cut into large slices
- 1 1/2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 sprigs fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tomatoes
- halved and deseeded
- 210 g ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 30 g cheddar
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to gas mark 6. Place the sweet potato, garlic, onions and pepper in a roasting dish. Toss in the oil and top with the fresh herbs and then roast for 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and add the tomatoes. Turn in the oil and return to the oven for 15 more minutes.
Remove the herbs and discard. Peel the garlic cloves and tomatoes and then blend everything.
Lay the puff pastry on a baking sheet. Brush the edge with the egg and then fold over each of the sides to make a 2 cm lip all the way round.
Spoon the vegetable mixture over the pastry, leaving a gap around the edge. Sprinkle with the cheese. Brush the edges of the pasty with egg and then bake for 20 minutes.
Cut into slices, serve with chips and a salad and enjoy!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (235 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (157 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (157 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.