Soft, moist banana cake, easy to prepare and keeps well.
Use a blender - but can be prepared by hand.
- 1 very ripe banana
- 2oz butter/spread
- 5oz SR flour
- 5oz sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp bicarb
- pinch salt
- 1 egg
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Sieve flour and bicarb together into a bowl.
Liquidise all remaining ingredients.
Pour liquid ingredients into flour and mix well.
Bake for 40 mins @ 375 F 190 C or Gas Mark 5
Can be adapted by adding chocolate chips or nuts or by adding a cream cheese icing.
Keeps and freezes well
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (462 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (235 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Cold Beetroot Soup 5/5 (63 Votes)
- Baba Ganoush 3.5/5 (151 Votes)
- Gluten-free No-bake Banoffee Pie 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Banana Ice Cream 3.4/5 (145 Votes)
- Banana Loaf 3.4/5 (134 Votes)