For a great family meal at home, try this succulent chicken recipe.
- 513g chicken thigh fillet pieces
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp medium curry powder
- 400ml reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 150ml water
- 125g carrots
- 2 aubergines
- 150g green beans
- 2 tsp cornflour
- Fresh coriander
- basmati rice and poppadums to serve
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cook 513g chicken thigh fillet pieces in 1 tbsp olive oil until brown. Remove and set aside.
Cook 1 tbsp olive oil and 2 diced onions. Add 2 garlic cloves and 2 tbsp medium curry powder. Stir over a low heat for 1 minute. Add the chicken.
Add 400ml reduced-fat coconut milk, 1 tbsp tomato purée and 150ml water, then simmer for 10 minutes. Add 125g sliced carrots and 2 cubed aubergines. Simmer gently for another 10 minutes.
Add 150g green beans and simmer for 5 minutes.
Mix 2 level tsp cornflour with 2 tbsp water and stir in with fresh coriander. Cook for a minute. Serve with cooked basmati rice and poppadums.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.2/5 (198 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (163 Votes)
- Vegetable Supercurry 3.5/5 (154 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (148 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.