Family Toad in the Hole
These individual toad in the holes are perfect for a tasty family meal
Perfect for family get-togethers, this one-dish meal will allow you to kick back and relax with your loved ones!
- 24 uncooked cocktail sausages
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 eggs
- 150ml plain flour
- 150ml milk
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 220°C.
Place 4 sausages into each hole of a 6-hole large muffin tin.
Drizzle a little oil over, then cook for 20 mins until the sausages have browned.
LEAVE THE OVEN ON.
Place the flour in a large bowl, making a well in the centre.
Pour the eggs into the well and beat well.
Gradually add the milk, whisking well after each addition, until the mixture has the consistancy of double cream.
Season and place into a jug.
Remove sausages from the oven and pour the batter evenly on top..
Cook for a further 15 mins.
Remove from the oven, leave to cool for a few minutes, then serve with mash (or a potato and carrot mash mix) and gravy.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (156 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (157 Votes)
- Roasted Tomato Soup 3.4/5 (139 Votes)
- Meatballs and Mustard Mash 3.8/5 (111 Votes)
- Mini toad in the hole 3.6/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.