Froglet in the Hole
By john french
Our family version of Toad in the Hole
- 24 cocktail sausages
- Batter Mix - 2 medium eggs and equal quantities of milk and plain flour
- Mixed Herbs - optional
- Oil for cooking
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 180
Place oil in a flan tin and heat in the oven until smoking hot.
Meanwhile make your batter. Crack two medium eggs into a measuring jug and check measurement. Transfer eggs to a mixing bowl and then measure out the same quantity of flour and milk.
Add a good pinch of salt and whisk (by hand or with an electric mixer) until well mixed. Add Mixed herbs if using.
Place cocktaill sausages in the hot oil and quickly poor on the batter. Place in the oven for about 25 minutes until the batter is well risen and the sausages and batter are golden Brown.
Serve with Creamy Mash Potato (great with cheesy mash or mustard mash) and veg of your choice.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Love Heart Cookies 3.4/5 (167 Votes)
- Shortbread Snazzles 3.6/5 (147 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.