Smoked Duck, Emmental and Onion skewers
By Emmental Grand Cru
- 200 g Emmental or cheddar
- 24 slices of smoked duck breast
- 24 small spring onions
- 1 tbsp Espelette pepper
- 20 g butter
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 12mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Peel the onions, remove the green stems.
Gently melt them, whole, for 2 minutes in the butter in a pan.
Sprinkle with sugar and lightly caramelise.
Cover with cold water, salt, pepper, simmer 10 minutes over medium heat. Leave to cool before wrapping in a slice of duck breast.
Cut the cheese into cubes (2cm by 2).
Roll them in the Espelette pepper to coat them.
Assemble the skewers by pricking a cube of Emmental then an onion, cheese, then onion.
Serve with black cherry jam.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Lamb Samosa 3.3/5 (188 Votes)
- Devilled Eggs 3.9/5 (119 Votes)
- Kiwi strawberry lollipops 3.8/5 (152 Votes)
- Soft potato muffins with spring... 4.5/5 (82 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding And... 3.2/5 (118 Votes)
- Stuffed conchiglionis pasta shells... 4.4/5 (25 Votes)