Simple Potato Salad
- 500g new potatoes (I used Charlotte)
- ½ red onion
- 2 tbsp mayonaise
- 2 tbsp salad cream
- handful of chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh mint
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut the new potatoes into halves or thirds, depending on their size. You can do them to any size you like, but I usually make them around an inch square.
Bring a medium pan of water to the boil and cook the chopped potatoes for around 15 minutes, or until a sharp knife glides cleanly through them. I always like to add a few leaves of mint to the water while boiling.
Drain into a colander and leave to cool.
Once cooled, add in the red onion, mayonaise, salad cream, salt and pepper, and mix together with your hands. (This stops the potatoes getting too squished by a spoon). Try the mix at this point: if you want it a little more tangy, add more salad cream accordingly.
Dish into a serving bowl, sprinkle the chopped chives over the top and garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (453 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.5/5 (176 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Devilled Eggs 3.9/5 (118 Votes)
- ultimate makeover: Fish pie 4.2/5 (86 Votes)
- Oil-free mayonnaise 3.5/5 (158 Votes)
- Pimm's Cup 3.8/5 (17 Votes)