Apple layered cake with maple syrup icing
A moist and aromatic cake perfect for winter!
- 240g Flour
- 280g Caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons Baking powder
- pinch Salt
- 80g Butter
- 240ml Almond milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 300g Apples grated (I used Granny Smith)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 400g Cream cheese
- 80g Butter
- 100g Maple syrup (Adjust to taste)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Put the flour, butter, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and work the mixture with your fingertips till all the ingredients are incorporated. It will be ready when it has a fine crumbly texture.
Add half the milk in the dry ingredients while beating with an electric mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla essence in the remaining milk and beat lightly with a fork. Add the mixture in the flour and continue mixing for another 2 minutes.
Grate the apples, add the cinnamon and stir. Taste and if the mixture is sour add some brown sugar. The apples will leave their juices in the bowl. Squeeze them and place them in a new one.
Line two round 9-inch cake moulds and spoon 1/4 of the batter in each one. Add a generous layer of the apple mixture and spoon the rest of the batter evenly into the moulds. Add the rest of the apple mixture on top.
Bake in 170 for about 40-45 min.
In the meantime beat the cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until smooth. Add gradually the maple syrup and keep beating. Taste and add some if you like you icing sweeter.
When the cake is baked allow to cool down and proceed with icing!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (453 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Moroccan marinated chicken with... 3.5/5 (150 Votes)
- Apple Bread and Butter Pudding 3.4/5 (147 Votes)
- Awesome Almond and Oats Apple... 3.4/5 (134 Votes)