Sweet and sour roast chicken with blueberry caramel
By Sigrid Henderyckx
- 500 ml of blueberry juice
- 12 cl of maple syrup
- 4 tsp salt
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 tsp black pepper or white pepper
- juice of one lemon
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 3 tblsp red wine vinegar
- or other
- 125 gr of sugar
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 65mins
Cost Budget Friendly
1.Preheat oven to 180 ° C
2.Mix 125 ml of blueberry juice with maple syrup and salt.
3.Using a brush, brush the mixture all over the surface of the chicken and season with pepper.
4.Pour remaining mixture into the abdominal cavity of the chicken and bake for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer registers an internal temperature of 83 ° C.
5.In a pan, reduce over high heat for 5 to 7 minutes the rest of blueberry juice with added lemon juice, thyme, vinegar and sugar. Note: The reduction time may vary depending on the size of the pan.
6.Leave to cool then cover the chicken with sauce and serve.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Awesome Almond and Oats Apple... 3.4/5 (134 Votes)
- Apple layered cake with maple... 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Duo of salmon and swordfish curry 3.5/5 (148 Votes)
- Papaya and Lime Frosties 3.3/5 (124 Votes)
- Low Fat Mixed Berries Muffins 3.3/5 (79 Votes)
- Roast cockerel with seasonal veg 3.1/5 (108 Votes)