Your Ultimate Chilli
A hearty vegetable chilli.
Feast on this hearty one pot meal!
- ½ onion
- 1 stick celery
- 1 bell pepper
- 250g mushrooms
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 400g tinned red kidney beans or 400g tinned red kidney beans in chilli sauce
- if you want a richer sauce.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Finely chop the onion, celery and garlic, then fry in a tsp of vegetable oil or oil spray.
Add the cumin and cayenne pepper and continue to cook until the spices become aromatic.
Finely chop and add the bell pepper.
Quarter and add the mushrooms.
Add the tomato puree and stir.
Add the tinned chopped tomatoes.
Add the red kidney beans and stir.
Simmer for 10 minutes, and add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with rice or as a delicious alternative to salsa.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (219 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (168 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.7/5 (160 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Best Bolognese 3.5/5 (141 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.