Good Old Chilli Con Carne
- 500 g mince meat
- 2 tinned tomatoes
- 1 tin of kidney beans in water
- 1/2 tin kidney beans in chilli sauce
- 4 cloves of garlic
- red pepper
- orange pepper
- 2 red chillis
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 tbsp brown sauce
- 1 chilli con carne powder packet
- lug of red wine
- 1tbsp bisto gravy
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 1mins
Cost Average budget
Brown the mince meat with salt and pepper.
Peel and chope up the vegetables,
Drain the liquid from the cooked mince, add to a hot pan with the vegetables.
Add water and the tinned tomatoes.
Cook and combine for at least 20 minutes.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.7/5 (160 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Best Bolognese 3.5/5 (141 Votes)
- Your Ultimate Chilli 3.4/5 (124 Votes)
- Chilli con carne 4.7/5 (43 Votes)
- Mexican Tostadas 3.4/5 (123 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.