A creamy and fragrant Thai curry
- 500g chicken breast
- 1 onion
- 200g mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper
- 400ml coconut milk
- 2 cloves garlic
- tbsp fresh parsley
- handful of fresh coriander
- 2tsp ground coriander
- 3tsp chopped fresh ginger
- 1tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1tsp cracked black pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Finely chop the onion and garlic and fry, using a tsp of vegetable oil or oil spray.
Chop the chicken into 1 inch pieces and add to the onions, fry until the meat is sealed.
Deseed the green bell pepper slice into strips and add to the chicken. Fry the mixture for 2 minutes on a medium heat.
Slice the mushrooms and add to the pan. Add the ground coriander, ginger, chilli flakes and black pepper. Stir well and cook for 2 further minutes.
Add the coconut milk, mix well and cover. Cook on a low heat for 5 minutes.
Finely chop the fresh coriander and parsley and add to the pot, mix well and cover. Cook on a low heat for 10 minutes.
Check the chicken is thoroughly cooked and serve on a bed of fragrant rice.
Light coconut milk works equally as well as the full fat variety.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (159 Votes)
- Vegetable Supercurry 3.4/5 (152 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (146 Votes)
- Pork & Pears 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.