Veggie Stir Fry Noodles with Tangy Peanut Sauce
Colorful veggies combined with a tangy peanut sauce come together with mung bean noodles for a protein packed plant strong meal.
- • sesame oil for sautéing veggies (or another favorite oil or veggie broth if not using oil)
- • 1 cup shredded carrots
- • 2 cups chopped broccoli (large pieces)
- • 2 cups sliced shitake mushrooms (or mushrooms of choice)
- • 1 cup sliced green onions
- • 1 package mung bean noodles (or other stir fry noodles of choice)
- • 1 tablespoon lime juice
- • 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (other white vinegar can work too)
- • 3 tablespoons Tamari (or soy sauce for non gluten free option)
- • 2 tablespoons smooth unsalted peanut butter
- • 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- • 1 teaspoon garlic
- • 1 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce (or other chili pepper sauce)
- • 1/8 cup veggie broth
- • ½ teaspoon sesame oil (optional for taste)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Saute the veggies in the oil or veggie broth until the broccoli is bright green, making sure not to overcook. I like mine more al dente but cook to your preference. Set aside.
Mix the rest of the ingredients in a small pot and cook on low heat until combined and thickened. Once you see the sauce beginning to thicken, remove from heat.
Cook your noodles. Once drained, return noodles to cooking pot, add in veggies and sauce, and mix until coated with sauce. Enjoy!
You can sub any oil to saute your veggies or use veggie broth to prevent sticking. I love using mung bean noodles for added protein but any long spaghetti like noodles will work. If you don’t want any spice you can take out the hot sauce. I use the same pot to sauté my veggies and cook my noodles, I set veggies aside in a bowl.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (389 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (230 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.