Mackerel Fried Rice
Quick, easy, cheap and tasty.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Massaman Thai curry paste
- 3 eggs
- Pinch of caster sugar
- 2 measures of cooked rice (basmati or longgrain)
- Small bunch spring onions
- 1/2 tin garden peas
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tins of mackerel fillets in brine
- A few slices of cucumber
Level of difficulty Easy
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok until nearly smoking. Add the beaten eggs and fry for 1-2 minutes, then flip over and cook until set. Place egg aside on a plate and cut up roughly with spatula.
Add 1 tbsp more oil to the pan and heat. Add the masaman paste and pinch of caster sugar and fry for one minute. Add rice and stir well to ensure paste is evenly distributed with no clumps. The rice should be uniformly brown. Fry for 3 minutes.
Add the soy sauce, peas, spring onions and mackerel and egg and continue frying until everything is well heated.
Fold through the egg and cucumber and serve.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (219 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (160 Votes)
- Masala Fish Goujons with... 3.7/5 (146 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (153 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (145 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.