Tasty Chicken, Cheese and Chorizo Pasta
A super yummy, super quick pasta dish
- 1 Chicken breast per person (chopped into bite size chunks)
- 1 Handful of Chorizo (chopped into rings and skinned)
- 1 Cup of grated cheese
- Half pint of milk (I prefer semi-skimmed)
- Thumb of butter
- 2 tbs plain flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tagliatelle (or pasta of your choice)
- rocket or similar
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling water as per the packets instructions
Fry the chicken in a saucepan or deep frying pan until cooked through, add the chorizo chunks.
In a seperate bowl melt the butter and stir in the flour (add a little at a time to prevent lumps) and gradually add in the milk.
Add this to the chicken pan and stir continuously (otherwise it will start to solidify) once this is hot and starting to thicken add in the cheese and greens and season with the salt and pepper.
Add this to the pasta and stir together for a delicious quick and easy meal!!
If you want a shortcut you could use a jar of white sauce or some double cream but these are both a bit too rich for my taste.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (236 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (163 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Creamy salmon and veggie pasta 3.4/5 (171 Votes)
- Best Bolognese 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
- Quorn and vegetable pasta 3.4/5 (133 Votes)
- Chorizo & potato salad 3.4/5 (131 Votes)