How to Cook the Macaroni Cheese Everytime
A perfect macaroni and cheese recipe to make sure this cheesy dish is brilliantly baked everytime.
- 140g macaroni
- 30g butter
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 pint milk
- 185g grated extra mature cheddar cheese
- mustard powder
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
Melt butter in small pan, add the flour and cook for 1 min.
Whisk in the milk all at once, then bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins.
Add the macaroni to a pan containing plenty of boiling water. Cook for 8-10 mins until al dente. Drain, then return to the pan.
Stir 3/4 of the cheese into the sauce and season well with salt and pepper. Add 3 pinches of mustard powder.
Butter an ovenproof dish and start layering up the sauce and pasta, starting with pasta, then a layer of cheese sauce and so on, ending up with a final layer of cheese sauce.
Scatter the remaining cheese on top and bake for 20 mins until golden brown and bubbling.
Leave to stand for a few mins before serving.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (467 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (240 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (205 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Apple Rose Cake 3.7/5 (168 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Easy Chocolate Mousse 3.4/5 (201 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.