Easy supper dish for winter
- 400g lamb mince
- 4 medium size potatoes
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (optional
- finely chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 Aubergine (optional
- finely sliced)
- Cheese sauce
- Olive oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Set oven to 180 degrees.
Fry onions gently in a little olive oil and add lamb mince and garlic (if used) until the meat has been browned.
Put into an ovenproof dish.
Meanwhile boil the potatoes until soft. Mash them down with or without butter.
Put the sliced tomato and aubergine (if used) on top of the meat.
Spread the potatoes on top to cover the vegetables. Using the handle of a wooden spoon make several holes in the potatoes going right down to the bottom of the dish.
Make the cheese sauce. Keep it quite thick and pour over the mixture making sure it goes down into the holes.
Put the dish into the oven and cookj for about 30 minutes or until the cheese sauce has turned golden.
Serve and enjoy.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (453 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (216 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Apple Rose Cake 3.8/5 (164 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (160 Votes)
- Lamb Samosa 3.3/5 (186 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.