Kale and Chickpeas with Blood Orange
Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy free, Gluten free
- 4 blood oranges. Grate 2 of the oranges & collect the zest. Remove pith & cut in half lengthways. Remove pips.
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed
- 100g walnut pieces
- 1 red chilli - deseeded and finely chopped
- 200g kale - washed and dried
- 400g chickpeas - drained and rinsed
- 5 tbsp olive oil
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Prepare the oranges and garlic.
Mix the crushed garlic with the walnuts. Then add the chilli to the orange zest.
Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the kale for 2 minutes. Then quickly drain.
Heat the oil in a wok and add the garlic and walnuts, cooking for 2 minutes. Remove mixture and place in a separate container aside. Then add the kale to the remaining oil and fry until softened. Once the kale is ready, add the chickpeas, orange zest and juice. Cook until kale is tender and heated through.
Season the kale mixture and add back in the walnuts. Stir fry all the ingredients together.
Remove from the heat, garnish with chilli and orange zest and more olive oil.
The walnuts can also be substituted for almonds
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (243 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Apple Rose Cake 3.8/5 (164 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (154 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.