Peas Pulao ( Pilau rice with green peas)
By Joydeep Pal
Peas Pulao is a very nice and aromatic rice dish. It is very popular in India. This recipe of the pulao utilizes Microwave Oven and is very easy to follow.
- 500 gm Basmati Rice
- 200 gm Green Peas
- 1-2 tablespoons of Oil : Ghee (preferred)/Sunflower oil
- Cummin Whole(Jeera): 1/4 teaspoon
- Cinnamon (Darchini): 1/4 of a stick
- Cardamom (Elaichi): 3 small and 3 big
- Clove (Labongo/laung): 3
- Bay leaves (Tejpata) : 3
- Cumin powder (Jeera): 1 tea-spoon
- Turmeric powder (Halud/Haldi): 1/2 tea-spoon
- Salt to Taste
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Take the rice in a bowl and leave it to soak in water for 20 mins after washing several times.
Heat the oil in the microwave safe bowl for 2 mins. Then add the whole spices and cook for another 2 mins in the microwave oven.
Now, add the rice to the mixture and stir before adding twice the amount of water as the rice. Also, add the green peas.
Then, cook for next 15-20 mins in microwave oven at full power. Stir in between.
Let it cool down for 5 mins and serve hot with main dish.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (146 Votes)
- Eleanor's Vegetable Egg Fried Rice 3.4/5 (147 Votes)