Peanut butter chicken
- 1 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- peeled and crushed
- 2 courgettes
- 2 red or yellow peppers
- deseeded and sliced
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- chopped chicken pieces
- basmati rice
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Average budget
Fry the onion and garlic gently in a glug of oil until starting to brown. Next, add the courgettes and sweat gently for another 5 minutes.
Steam the chicken pieces and start boiling the water for the rice.
Add the sliced peppers to the onion and courgettes, along with the tin of chopped tomatoes and 2 dessert spoons of peanut butter torn. Sprinkle in some salt, stir once very well and then simmer gently for 30 minutes with the lid on.
Add the rice to the boiling water.
Take the lid off the tomato mixture and cook for another 15 minutes, adding the chicken for the last 10 minutes.
Finally, stir the mixture together well, drain the rice and serve both together.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (158 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (163 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (148 Votes)
- Eleanor's Vegetable Egg Fried Rice 3.4/5 (147 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.