Best-Ever Cheesy Bacon Macaroni Cheese
A fantasticly quick and deliciously cheesy mac and cheese with bacon!
- 250g macaroni pasta
- 3 strips of bacon
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 450ml milk
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Black pepper
- Grated nutmeg or mustard powder
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Cook the macaroni pasta in hot water until soft and drain. Leave to the side.
Chop up the bacon into small rectangles and heat in a frying pan until golden brown. Leave to cool.
Extra cheesy cheese sauce:
Heat the butter in a pot on the stove and then add a big tablespoon of flour and mix well. Sprinkle over some black pepper (even try a little nutmeg or mustard powder).
Cook on a low heat, constantly stirring for about 1 minute.
Pour in about 450ml milk gradually and whisk well.
Bring to the boil, keep stirring as it thickens.
Pop in a big hanful of grated cheese (I recommened three types of cheese for extra cheesy goodness).
Add in the bacon and stir well. Then add the pasta and stir well again.
Serve straight away :D
Can put it in the oven, under the grill to crisp the top.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (293 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (155 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.