Rice both ways
An easy rice dish that can be enjoyed both hot and cold so is perfect for an on the go meal!
- White/brown rice
- White Onion
- 1 clove garlic
- small tin of peas
- small tin of sweet corn
- half head broccoli(chopped or purple sprouting)
- any spices desired
- tin of tomatoes
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 40mins
Boil some rice- fry an onion, garlic and mushrooms (or any leftover ingredients) in a wok for a good 5-10 mins. Add some peas, sweet corn and broccoli then the rice when cooked. season well with pepper/other spices and add a can of tomatoes to moisten the dish. Mix well together then enjoy hot or the next day when cooled.
Use 1 cup of rice per 2 persons and cook with 2 cups of water to 1 cup of rice.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.7/5 (345 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Eleanor's Vegetable Egg Fried Rice 3.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Noisettes 3.9/5 (112 Votes)
- Black Bean Dip 3.4/5 (124 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.