Black Bean Dip
Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy free, Gluten free
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 onion - diced
- 1 tomato - diced
- 400g tinned black beans - rinsed
- 2 tsp fresh coriander - chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 lime - juiced
- 2 spring onions - chopped
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 2mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Average budget
Prepare the onion, tomato, coriander and spring onions.
Heat 1 tsp oil in a saucepan on a medium heat. Fry the onion and tomato until soft and the onions have browned slightly. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
Place the onions and tomato into a blender and add the black beans, coriander, cumin, salt, pepper and chilli powder. Pulse until still chunky but pureed. Add lime juice and stir in. Garnish with the olive oil and spring onions.
As a dip it goes well with red peppers and raw cauliflower. Also works well with salsa, avocado and quinoa or brown rice.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (419 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (156 Votes)
- Brown Thai Fried Rice 2.9/5 (140 Votes)
- Tofu and Black Bean Noodles 4.3/5 (24 Votes)