Carrot and Chestnut Soup
Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten free, Dairy free
- 1 large onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 15 sage leaves
- chop 3
- 200g cooked chestnuts
- 500g carrots
- thinly sliced
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp plain vegan yoghurt (see VBites range)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Prepare the onion, sage, chestnuts, carrots and make up the stock.
Heat half the oil in a large saucepan and add to onion. Cook until translucent on a low heat, covering the pan for 5 minutes. Add the 3 chopped sage leaves, chestnuts, carrots and the stock. Bring the liquid to the boil. Then reduce the heat, cover and cook for 25 minutes or until the carrots are tender and ready to puree.
Remove the carrots and liquid from the heat and transfer to a blender, in batches if necessary. Puree until smooth, then return to the heat and simmer again on low heat.
Fry the remaining sage leaves in another pan in the rest of the oil until crisp.
Ladle the soup into warmed bowls, top with the yoghurt and some sage leaves.
Serve with salads, breadsticks or as a starter for 6 persons
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (156 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
- Quick Carrot & Coriander Soup 3.5/5 (121 Votes)