The Breadmaker Chronicles-The Winner!
Half white, half brown, gluten free bread recipe for your breadmaker
- 320g milk (room temperature)
- 1 tsp of white wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp of mild olive oli
- 2 large eggs (free range)
- 350g Doves farm white bread flour
- 100g Doves farm brown bread flour
- 1tsp of salt
- 2tbsp castor sugar
- 2tsp fast acting yeast
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 80mins
Cost Average budget
Weigh the milk (use a measuring jug on weighing scales), add the vinegar oil and eggs and beat well.
Pour this into bread machine pan
Weigh flour, salt and sugar into a bowl and roughly mix. Add spoon by spoon into the pan. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together to form a batter, using a fork.
Sprinkle the yeast on top and immediately start the programme which lasts for 1 hour 20 mins (or nearest to this)
While breadmaker is in "kneading" phase check mixture consistency. The machine shouldn't be struggling but moving freely. The mixture should be wet without any of the milk being visible. Add more milk if too dry 1tbsp at a time or more flour if too wet, 1 heaped tsp at a time.
Once programme has finished, remove immediately using oven gloves (it will be hot!) and put on to cooling rack. Try to remove paddle as soon as possible using a cocktail stick to separate it from the bread.
Enjoy while warm!
We have a Russell Hobbs breadmake (model 18036) and use setting Fastbake 2. Tip don't necessarily use the gluten free option option on your breadmaker as it often doesn't give the best results.
You can remove the paddle after the kneading phase has finished which will stop a hole being in the bottom of the finished loaf but this is quite messy.
Wait until it's cooled completely before storing in an airtight container (otherwise you will get condensation)
An alternative is to use all white bread flour and add 2tsps of oregano-very nice!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (201 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (155 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (154 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (151 Votes)
- Homemade Strawberry Ice... 4.6/5 (53 Votes)