Carrot Pickle (Gajar Ka Achar)
Gajar ka achar (carrot pickle) is a great condiment to serve with any meal or with sandwiches.
- 5 medium carrots
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon asafetida
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mustard oil or olive oil
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Peel the carrots and thinly slice them about 2 inches long (should be about two cups).
Wrap the sliced carrots in a dry towel, ensuring the carrots don’t have any excess water.
Mix all the ingredients together with the carrots and put in a glass jar.
Keep the jar in the sun for a day. Pickle is ready the next day.
Pickle can be refrigerated for about two weeks.
Add sliced green chili, sliced the long way
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (240 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (195 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (185 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (168 Votes)