Carrot and Courgette Salad
Simple and full of colour, this healthy, classic combination works well and is always fresh and inviting. Given the simplicity of the ingredients, the quality of the raw produce is important; lacklustre specimens need not apply.
- 5 carrots
- pealed and coarsely grated
- 5 courgettes
- coarsely grated
- Fresh coriander chopped (reserve a sprig for garnish)
- 1 desert spoon of roasted pumkin seeds
- 1 desert spoon of poppy seeds
- 4 table spoons of french dressing
- Juice of 1 orange
- Grated zest of two oranges
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Put the grated carrots and courgettes in a bowl and mix with the coriander, french dressing, seeds, orange juice and most of the grated zest.
Season to taste. garnish with the remaining orange zest and a sprig of coriander.
Other seeds can be used in this recipe, poppy, pumpkin, linseeds or even pine nuts, for example, feel free to experiment with new, exciting and innovative, personalised creations!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (414 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Crunchy Spring Salad 3.5/5 (91 Votes)
- Healthy carrot salad with a light... 2.6/5 (8 Votes)