Indian Bombay Potato
Great family recipe to have as a starter or to accompany curry dishes.
- 3/4 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 inch piece Ginger (finely chopped)
- 2-3 Green Chilli's (chopped)
- 2 Medium Tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 2 Large Onions (finely chopped)
- 6 Large Potatoes (pre-boiled)
- 2 Cups of water
- Salt to taste
- Splash oil to fry
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Boil the potatoes, drain and dice when cooled.
In a frying pan heat the oil on a medium heat, add the mustard seeds and fry until they are crackling.
Add the ginger and chilli's and sauté for 1 minute.
Add the turmeric, chilli powder and onions and cook until soft and transparent.
Add the tomatoes and cook until soft.
Add the potatoes, salt and 2 cups of water then mix well and continue to cook on a medium heat until the water has reduced.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.7/5 (496 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (363 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Vegetable Supercurry 3.5/5 (154 Votes)
- Mushroom and Sprouts Rice 3.2/5 (129 Votes)