Pakistani Palak Gosht (Meat & Spinach curry)
Palak Gosht is a curry prepared with lots of (palak) spinach and (gosht) lamb. This curry is prepared mostly in North India and Pakistan. It has the goodness of both spinach and lamb.
Chicken or mince can be used instead.
- • 1 kg Mutton (small pieces with bones)
- • 1 bag Spinach clean cut into small pieces
- • 3 Tomatoes: chopped
- • 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- • 1 large Onion chopped
- • 2 Green chillies
- • 1 tsp Crushed Red chilli
- • 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- • 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- • Cumin 1 tbsp.
- • 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- • 50 grams Butter
- • Oil 150 ml
- • Salt as per taste required
- • Fresh chopped coriander leaves 2 tbsp. to garnish.
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
1. In a cooking pot add oil when become hot add onion when become transparent.
Add ginger garlic paste, tomatoes sauté few seconds and add mutton, sauté nicely for few minutes.
Add crushed chili, turmeric, salt, cumin powder, green chillies and coriander powder sauté further few minutes
2. Add some water and allow it to boil for 3 minutes.
Reduce flame and let it cook on medium heat until meat becomes tender.
Check the meat if cooked, add spinach and cook again for about 10 minutes.
3. Mix nicely now add butter and garam masala powder mix and leave for Dum (steam) for few minutes on low flame.
After few minutes you will see oil come up remove from heat serve in a serving bowl.
Sprinkle chopped fresh coriander leaves and serve with Nan or Pulao Rice.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Lamb Samosa 3.3/5 (186 Votes)
- Masala Fish Goujons with... 3.7/5 (146 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (151 Votes)
- Pork & Pears 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (145 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.