Black bean brownies
Delicious gluten free, refined sugar free brownies. Tasty and guilt free!
- 2 380g cartons of black beans
- drained (or two cups cooked black beans)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of olive oil (I use extra virgin unfiltered)
- 2 tsp sugar free vanilla extract
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup of coconut palm sugar
- 2 tsp instant chicory granules (or dandelion 'coffee')
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 45g bar of sugar free chocolate (we like plamil coffee chocolate)
- cut into small pieces
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Heat the oven to 180 degrees (mine works better at 190, but it is a sloooooow oven!)
Lightly oil a 23cm square (9x9) dish and set aside.
Pop all ingredients apart from the nuts and choc pieces into a food processor and process until smooth and creamy. The mixture will seem runnier than a standard brownie mix but that's ok it's meant to be! Mix in the chopped walnuts. Pour the mix into the dish and sprinkle with the chocolate chunks/pieces.
Pop into the oven for 35-40 mins until the middle is only just set. I check it frequently in the last 5 mins as they can go from perfect to dry pretty quickly!
Leave to cool on a rack before cutting into squares, if you cut too soon they'll crumble. That's the only hard part about this recipe- leaving them to cool when the delcious chocolate aroma wafts around your kitchen and you just want to dive right in!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (468 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (197 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (262 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.2/5 (197 Votes)
- Baba Ganoush 3.5/5 (151 Votes)
- King langoustines with early... 3.5/5 (168 Votes)
- Bengali Pea Dhal 3.5/5 (133 Votes)