Brownies' Best Tale
There once was an awesome brownie recipe. This was it. Le fin. (Still is awesome..!)
- There once was an awesome brownie recipe. This was it. Le fin. (Still is awesome..!)
- 75g / 3oz plain flour
- 50g / 2oz granulated sugar (golden)
- 75g / 3oz butter
- 50g / 2oz ground almonds
- 225g / 9oz butter
- 100g / 4oz dark chocolate (broken)
- 20g / 1 oz milk chocolate (broken)
- 300g / 12oz light brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs (NOT beaten)
- 100g / 4oz plain flour (sifted)
- 1 1/2 tsp almond essence
- 150g / 6oz milk chocolate
- 75g / 3oz icing sugar (sifted)
- Crushed chocolate bar / wafer / chopped almonds
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 190°C / gas mark 5.
Grease a 20cm / 8" baking tin.
Mix together the base ingredients until they form like breadcrumbs. Press into the tin and cook at 170°C / gas mark 3 for about 20 min until golden brown.
While the base is cooking, on a low heat, melt together the butter and chocolate, stirring continuously.
Take the mixture off the heat and add the sugar
Slowly stir in the eggs (but be careful not to whisk!).
Add the almond essence and sift in the flour. When it is all evenly combined, pour the mixture into the tin.
Cook for about an hour at the preheated temperature, or until little mixture comes out when poked with a knife and the brownie is coming away from the edges slightly.
Leave to cool and melt the chocolate for the topping.
Sift in the icing sugar to the chocolate and once a thick mix has formed, pour onto the cool brownie.
Add the crushed chocolate bar, or other, while the chocolate is still warm so that it sinks into the topping and is firmly secured.
Can be served warm after a few minutes or left to set in the fridge for a few hours.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (449 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (196 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.4/5 (243 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (201 Votes)
- Black bean brownies 4.6/5 (62 Votes)
- Double chocolate and pecan nut... 3.4/5 (121 Votes)