Thick Mushroom Soup with Garlic and Parsley
Vegetarian, Dairy free
- 25g pure margarine or dairy free margarine
- 1/2 medium onion
- finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- finely chopped
- 40g spelt or millet flour
- 700ml vegetable stock
- 250g chestnut mushrooms
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 75ml dairy free yoghurt
- such as 'Wot No' range (http://www.vbitesfoods.com/meat-free/desserts-treats.html)
- Salt and Black Pepper to season
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Prepare the onion, garlic, mushrooms and parsley as above. Then heat most of the dairy free margarine on a hob and cook the onion and garlic gently. Cover and allow to become translucent, about 5 minutes. Then stir in flour, cook again for 1 minute.
Measure out the prepared stock and pour in slowly, stirring continually. Add only half of the sliced mushrooms and half of the fresh parsley. Cover, allow to boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
After 10 minutes, check the mushrooms as they need to be tender. If so, turn off the heat. Then use a blender or liquidizer with a soup detachment to blend the soup mixture until thickened.
In a separate plan and with the remaining dairy free margarine, cook the remainder sliced mushrooms on a low heat for up to 5 minutes. Then add these to the blended soup. Allow the soup to simmer for a further couple of minutes. Stir in as much yoghurt as you would like to use. Taste and add salt and black pepper and further yoghurt as necessary. Remove from heat and serve topped with the fresh parsley.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (372 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (230 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (155 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (156 Votes)