Butternut squash mash with onion and jam
A lush side dish. Butternut squash mash with onion and pepper jam.
- For the mash
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 70 gr butter
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- goats cheese
- For the jam
- 3 big red onions
- 2 red peppers
- 1 green chilli
- 50 ml sherry
- 100 gr brown sugar
- 2 rosemary sticks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Slice the onions and the peppers. In a large pan heat the oil over medium heat. Toss the onions, peppers and rosemary and stir.
When they start becoming tender toss the sugar and keep stirring till they start caramelised. Pour in the sherry. Reduce heat to minimum cover with a lid and keep cooking for about 30 minutes, stirring from time to time.
Meantime, peel and chop the butternut squash, put it in a pot with boiling water for 10-15 minutes until tender. When it is ready mash, add the butter, milk, salt and pepper and mix well till you have a creamy texture.
Serve the mash with the jam on top and crumble the goats cheese.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.7/5 (458 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (157 Votes)