Cream of lettuce soup with a hint of mint
By vanhille - "La cuisine de Laeti"
- 1 large lettuce
- 20g butter
- 1 onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped mint
- fresh or dried
- tablespoon of flour
- 5 tablespoons of crème fraîche
- 150 ml stock cube
- 450 grams of milk
- Few sprigs of mint to decorate the plate (optional)
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut the lettuce into small pieces and wash it.
Melt some butter in a cooking pot. Add the onion, lettuce and mint.
Cook for 10 minutes over low heat.
Remove from heat.
Add the flour, milk, stock, salt and pepper.
Simmer, with a lid, for 15 minutes.
Blend into a soup.
Add the cream, stir and serve. You can garnish with mint leaves.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (364 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.2/5 (198 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (191 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Green Tea with Ginger, Honey and... 4.7/5 (49 Votes)
- Slow cooked lamb 3.5/5 (140 Votes)
- Greek salad 3.7/5 (113 Votes)