Lentil Soup with Brusselsprouts (Moog Musur Bilati Bandhakopi Dal )
By Joydeep Pal
Lentils are the most easiest to cook and highly nutritious. They are rich protein sources. In this recipe, I have tried to experiment with the traditional bengali style with addition of Brusselsprout in the popular sides of the Indian cuisine.
- 200gm fresh bilati bandhakopi (Brusselsprout)
- 100gm Musur Dal (Red Lentil seeds)
- 100gm Moog Dal (Yellow moong seeds)
- 2 Green Chillies
- 2-3 tablespoons of Oil : Mustard oil(preferred)/Sunflower oil
- Panch phoron/Panchpuran: 1/3 tea-spoon
- Turmeric powder (Halud/Haldi): 1/2 tea-spoon
- Sugar: 1/4 tea-spoon
- 700ml Water
- Salt to Taste
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Wash the lentil and moog daal as well as the Brusselsprout.
Heat oil in a frying pan and add the panch phoron to it. Fry them till golden brown.
Add the Brusselsprout, green chilli and saute them for 5 mins in low heat.
Add the dals, water, salt and turmeric.
Add cover and cook in medium heat till it is fully cooked. Add more water if water is reduced.
Serve hot best with rice.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.7/5 (160 Votes)
- Soya cream of peppers soup 4/5 (115 Votes)
- Mushroom and Sprouts Rice 3.3/5 (125 Votes)
- Lentil soup (Fakes) 4.5/5 (2 Votes)