Pumpkin, tomato, onion and green lentil stew
By Anick du blog De la fourchette aux papilles estomaquées
- 500 g pumpkin
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 4-6 tablespoons of tomato concentrate
- 250 ml tomato coulis
- 250 ml green lentils
- 250 to 350 ml chicken stock
- 2 large sprigs of thyme
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Brush the squash, the skin is edible. Cut it in half scoop out and cut it into cubes.
Rinse the lentils. Peel the garlic and onions and chop finely.
In a casserole, brown the garlic and onion in a little olive oil. Add the pumpkin and cook for few minutes, stirring occasionally.
Dissolve the tomato purée and sauce in the chicken stock. Moisten the above mixture with this liquid. Add the lentils and add a little water if the stock does not cover the mixture.
Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low. Leave to reduce until all the liquid evaporates. The lentils and pumpkin should then be cooked.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (385 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (230 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)